Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church Articles of Faith
Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church
1. We believe in only one true and living God, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one. (Deut. 6:4; John 17:3; I John 5:7)
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the revealed and written Word of God, and the only true rule of faith and practice. (II Tim.
3:16; Rom. 15:4; II Peter 1:20-21)
3. We believe in the doctrine of election by grace according to the foreknowledge of God, and that God chose His people in Christ before the foundation of the world. (Eph. 1:4; II Tim. 1:9; I Peter 1:2; John 15:16; Eph. 2:10; Rom. 9:10-13)
4. We believe in the fall of man, and that he is incapable of recovering himself therefrom. (Rom. 3:9,10,23; Psalms 14:3; John 6:44; Eph. 2:8-9; II Tim. 1:9)
5. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ. (Rom. 5:6-8; Rom. 4:25; Titus 3:5-6)
6. We believe that God’s elect shall be called, and regenerated by the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 8:28-30; Rom. 9:11-16; I Peter 2:9; Eph. 1:4,7,9)
7. We believe that the saints shall persevere in grace and never fall finally away. (Col. 2:3-4; John 14:19-20; John 10:27-29)
8. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgment, and that the punishment of the wicked and the joys of the righteous will be eternal. (Acts 24:15; John 5:28-29; Acts 17:31; II Cor. 5:10; Matt. 25:32,34,41,46)
9. We believe that baptism, and the Lord’s Supper and washing the saints’ feet are ordinance of Christ, and that true believers are the only proper subjects, and that immersion in water is the true mode. (Matt. 3:15-17; Luke 9:35; Matt. 28:19-20; Matt. 26:26-27; Luke 22:19; Acts 2:41; Acts 8:36-37; John 3:23; Acts 8:38)
10. We believe that no minister has a right to the administration of the ordinances only such as are regularly baptized, called and come under the imposition of the hands of a presbytery. (Acts 13:2-3; John 15:16; Acts 14:23; Titus 1:5)
11. We believe that none but regularly baptized persons have a right to commune at the Lord’s table. (Luke 22:14; Acts 2:41-42; I Cor. 10:21; I Cor. 11:29)
12. We believe, from experience, that no good can result to the church of Christ from any secret organization. Therefore, we declare non-fellowship with any church who has any member in fellowship who has membership in any secret organization under any name whatever they may be called. (II Cor. 6:14,15,17; Rev. 18:4)Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church Articles of Faith
13. We believe that the institution of marriage was ordained by God as a picture of Christ and His church and is to be between one man and one woman.